On The Front Lines
John Whitehead's New Book 'Battlefield America: The War on the American People' to Be Released as an Audiobook
July 08, 2015
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va.— Battlefield America: The War on the American People (SelectBooks, 2015), constitutional attorney John W. Whitehead’s chilling follow-up to his award-winning 2013 book A Government of Wolves: The Emerging American Police State, is being released as an audiobook by Brilliance Audio. In Battlefield America, Whitehead paints a terrifying portrait of a nation at war with itself and which is on the verge of undermining the basic freedoms guaranteed to the citizenry in the Constitution. With a foreword written by former presidential candidate Ron Paul, Battlefield America is drawing praise on all fronts.
Review copies are available upon request to the media. Email email@example.com.
- “The very fact that books like this can still be written and published shows that we have not lost all our freedoms. John Whitehead’s work should motivate us all to redouble our efforts to reclaim our freedoms.”—Dr. Ron Paul, 12-term U.S. Congressman and former presidential candidate
- “The loss of personal liberty, the growth of big government, and the death of government respect for persons rarely occur overnight. It takes a fine eye and a fearless manner to discover and reveal these dangers before it is too late. No one in American today does this better than John Whitehead. In his latest magnum opus, Battlefield America: The War on the American People, he paints the case that Fascism is already here, liberty is already lost, we are in more danger from the government than from bomb throwers, and it is nearly too late for hope. I challenge anyone to read this book and then try to go to sleep. I found that impossible.”—Judge Andrew Napolitano, Senior Judicial Analyst, Fox News
- “Government surveillance, militarized police, sneak-and-peek searches, SWAT team raids, asset forfeiture schemes, overcriminalization, private prisons: these are all pressing concerns that transcend partisan politics and render the citizenry not merely suspects but criminals. Whitehead makes a compelling and urgent case for Americans to unite under one common goal: in defense of our freedoms.” —Nadine Strossen, former president of the ACLU
- “Battlefield America is not only a warning of the danger ahead but also a detailed, systematic illustration of how a once freedom-loving nation can descend into tyranny. A must-read for anyone concerned about how to get us back on the road to becoming a self-governing republic.”—Nat Hentoff, syndicated columnist and historian
- “In his compelling book, John W. Whitehead describes the danger posed to liberty and humanity itself by the control impulse of government and technology. American ‘Democratic Capitalism’ is not liberating us; it is enslaving humanity.”—Paul Craig Roberts, former Assistant Secretary, US Treasury, and former Wall Street Journal columnist and editor
- “John Whitehead is freedom’s defense lawyer. He’ll never give up, and neither must we. To join John in this fight, first read his manifesto: Battlefield America. You are much needed.”—Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr., author and chairman of Mises Institute